- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp around 30 count per pound
- 2 beers - I use bud light
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 package shrimp boil - would rather use old bay, but have the hardest time finding it around here
- 1 c mayo
- 2 T Chapala hot sauce
- salt to taste
- bring beer and shrimp boil to simmer, add shrimp.
- watch shrimp carefully, until just cooked - they will turn white and curl
- remove from heat, and pour off into colander, they will continue to cook a little, but you want them to stay nice and plump with just a hint of "crunch"
- Mix mayo, hot sauce, and salt to taste, put in small dish.
- Arrange shrimp around dip, and dig in!
Notesmy cousin always makes this when we have family get togethers, and I have been trying to figure out the dip for years - I finally think I cracked the code, or at the very least, I now have my own version that I love!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More