- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter 12-cup Bundt pan. Spray pan generously with nonstick spray. Dust pan lightly with flour. Mix chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons flour in medium bowl.
- Sift remaining flour with baking soda, baking powder, and salt into another medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract and maple extract. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in flour mixture in 3 additions alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chip mixture. Transfer batter to prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan, about 1 hour.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 30 minutes. Invert cake onto rack and cool completely.
- GOOD TO KNOW: Mixing the chocolate chips with a little flour before adding them to the batter helps the chips stay evenly suspended in the batter and evenly distributed throughout the baked cake (otherwise, they may sink to the bottom).
NotesThis was a recipe I got from Bon Appetit
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Deep-fried Sesame Balls
Bacon WafflesSee More