- Cooking Time: 25-30min
- Servings: 4to6 people
- Preparation Time: 10min
- 2 cups self raising flour
- half a teaspoon of salt
- 1 and a quarter cups of milk
- sift flour and salt into a bowl
- add sufficient milk to make a manageable dough
- turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly
- form into a round
- place onto a greased baking sheet
- brush top with milk
- place into a hot oven 220c(440f) for 25-30 minutes
- serve warm with butter.
- can be placed in a camp oven covered with hot coals and left for 30min
Notesthis is a old tried and true bush bread, all the Aussies out there will no about it but for all you non Aussies it is a wonderful easy to make bread, either in the oven or at a camp site in hot coals,i make it at home now in the oven and enery time i eat it it takes me back to my many years in the outback.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More