- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: makes 24
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- icing sugar, for decorating
- Preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees C/ 160 degrees C fan forced. Line 2 x 12 hole deep patty pan trays with paper patty cases.
- Combine the butter, essence, sugar, eggs, flour and milk in the small bowl of electric mixer; beat on low speed until just combined. Increase the speed to medium, beat for about 3 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and changed to a paler colour.
- Drop slightly rounded tablespoons of mixture in prepared pans. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked when tested. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Cut a circle from top of cakes, down to about 1cm. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon jam around each cavity. Spoon the cream into cavities. Cut circles of cakes in half and place on top of the cream in wing shapes. Repeat with the remaining cakes and the jam and cream
- Dust with sifted icing sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More