- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 small bread rolls, thinly sliced
- 8 prosciutto slices
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed
- 40g permesan
- anchovy dressing
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- to make the dressing, place anchovy in a mortar and gently crush with a pestle until almost smooth. add garlic and mustard and grind until well combined. add lemon juice and oil and whisk until well combined. season with salt and pepper.
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. place the bread slices and prosciutto on separate oven trays. drizzle the bread slices with the oil. bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to boil over high heat. reduce heat to medium low and add vinegar. use a wooden spoon to stir water to make a whirlpool. crack egg into a cup, then slip egg into the center of whirlpool. poach for - 2 minutes for a soft center of until cooked to your liking. transfer to a plate. repeat with remaining eggs.
- cut the lettuce onto wedges. arrange lettuce, crouton, prosciutto and Parmesan on serving plate. drizzle with anchovy dressing. top with a poached egg and serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More