CAJUN CHILI CORNBREAD SKILLET
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15-15 1/2) chili beans in sauce
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning mix, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 packages (8.5 oz each) corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In 12 inch skillet, cook and stir ground turkey until no longer pink, drain if needed. In medium bowl, combine turkey, chili beans, 1 tbsp seasoning mix and garlic.
2. Arrange pepper rings in an overlapping pattern over the bottom of skillet. Chop onion and sprinkle over peppers. Carefully spoon turkey mixture over veggies in skillet.
3. Combine muffin mixes, remaining seasoning mix, and half of the cheese; mix well. Add water and wggs; mix well. Pour batter evenly over turkey mixture. Bake uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
4. Carefully remove skillet from oven. Loosen edges of cornbread from skillet. Carefully invert cornbread onto large, heat-safe plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cut into wedges and serve.