- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15-15 1/2) chili beans in sauce
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning mix, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 packages (8.5 oz each) corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In 12 inch skillet, cook and stir ground turkey until no longer pink, drain if needed. In medium bowl, combine turkey, chili beans, 1 tbsp seasoning mix and garlic.
- 2. Arrange pepper rings in an overlapping pattern over the bottom of skillet. Chop onion and sprinkle over peppers. Carefully spoon turkey mixture over veggies in skillet.
- 3. Combine muffin mixes, remaining seasoning mix, and half of the cheese; mix well. Add water and wggs; mix well. Pour batter evenly over turkey mixture. Bake uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 4. Carefully remove skillet from oven. Loosen edges of cornbread from skillet. Carefully invert cornbread onto large, heat-safe plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cut into wedges and serve.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More