carrot pumpkin cheesecake muffins
1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese softened
2 tbl. sugar
1 tbl. lemon juice
1 (14 ounce) package pumpkin quick bread mix (such as pillsbury)
1 cup shredded carrots
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup rasins
2 tbl. vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tbl. butter,softened
1. heat oven to 350 spray 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick spray
2. in a medium sized bowl beat cream cheese,1 egg,sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
3. Set aside 1/2 cup of muffin mix for topping and place rest of mix in a large bowl.Add remaining egg,carrots,milk,rasins and oil stir until well blended.
4. fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup of batter and spoon 1 heaping tablesppon of cream cheese mixture over top of each muffin.
5. In a small bowl combine reserved muffin mix,pecans and butter.Mix with a fork until crumbly.Sprinkle over cream cheese in each muffin cup.
6.Bake at 350 for 25 minutes .Remove from pven and cool muffins in pan for 15 minutes.Gently lift muffins out of pan to cool completely.
Pairs Well With
who says pumpkin is only good in pies on thanksgiving?