- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 x 450g can sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tbs tarragon
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, light whisked
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add one - third of chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to bowl. Repeat in two more batched with remaining chicken.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minutes or until well combined. Add the chicken and stock and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Add the sweet corn, cream and mustard and stir to combine. remove from heat. Add the tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly among four 11cm (base measurement) pie tins or remekins and place on an oven tray. Use a 12cm round pastry cutter to cut 4 discs from pastry. Brush pastry lightly with egg; place over the pies. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More