- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 16 pieces
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- melted butter, to grease
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 60g butter, extra
- 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- preheat oven to 160 degrees C. brush a square 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with the melted butter to lightly grease. line the base and 2 opposite side with non- stick baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang the sides.
- use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. add the flour and beat until just combined. use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a ball. turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. use the back of metal spoon to gently press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. remove from the oven and set aside for 15 minutes to cool
- place the sweetened condensed milk, golden syrup and 40g of extra butter in a small non-stick saucepan over medium heat. cook stirring constantly, for 5-8 minutes or until the mixture thickens and is a caramel colour. remove from heat. spoon the hot caramel over the biscuit base and smooth the surface. set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- place the chocolate and remaining butter in small, clean, dry heatproof bowl. place the bowl over a small saucepan of barely simmering water over low heat (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water). use a dry metal spoon to stir gently for 2 minutes or until chocolate melts and is smooth. pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the caramel filling and smooth the surface with a knife. place in the fridge for 10 minutes or until chocolate sets. cut the chocolate caramel slice into 16 pieces to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More