- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 16 pieces
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- melted butter, to grease
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 60g butter, extra
- 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- preheat oven to 160 degrees C. brush a square 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with the melted butter to lightly grease. line the base and 2 opposite side with non- stick baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang the sides.
- use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. add the flour and beat until just combined. use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a ball. turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. use the back of metal spoon to gently press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. remove from the oven and set aside for 15 minutes to cool
- place the sweetened condensed milk, golden syrup and 40g of extra butter in a small non-stick saucepan over medium heat. cook stirring constantly, for 5-8 minutes or until the mixture thickens and is a caramel colour. remove from heat. spoon the hot caramel over the biscuit base and smooth the surface. set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- place the chocolate and remaining butter in small, clean, dry heatproof bowl. place the bowl over a small saucepan of barely simmering water over low heat (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water). use a dry metal spoon to stir gently for 2 minutes or until chocolate melts and is smooth. pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the caramel filling and smooth the surface with a knife. place in the fridge for 10 minutes or until chocolate sets. cut the chocolate caramel slice into 16 pieces to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More