- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Preparation Time: 20
- Recipe for these brownies ( which can also be marbelized instead of having the cheese on top)
- For a small square pan( I used an aluminum 25cm x 18 cm)
- Brownie mix:
- 80 g. dark chocolate
- 80 g. butter
- 1 tsp. instant coffee diluted in 1 Tblsp. hot water
- 100 g. brown sugar
- 60 g. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 g. white flour
- pinch of salt
- 20 g. chopped walnuts
- Butter the pan well.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and coffee in a double boiler ( bain marie) . Mix until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and sugar well and then add to the chocolate mix which has been removed from the heat source. Continue to mix until smooth. Add the flour, walnuts and salt and lightly mix.
- Pour into pan and bake 17 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the cheese topping:
- 30 ml. heavy cream
- 75 g. white chocolate
- 100 grams cream cheese (here in Israel I use a soft white cheese that is 9% fat) If you use Philadelphia, be sure it is softened to room temperature.
- 25 g/ sugar
- 1 egg
- 20 g. flour
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Melt the heavy cream and white chocolate in a double boiler. In a separate bowl mix the cheese, sugar , egg and vanilla. Mix in the chocolate mix. Add the flour and mix well until smooth with no lumps.
- As soon as the brownies are finished baking for 17 minutes, take them out and carefully pour the cheese mix on top ( start from the sides and let in fill in towards the middle) and return to the oven for another 15 minutes to set. The top should not brown. Cool completely and cut in to small squares (they are very rich!) I dusted some with cocoa and some with confectioner's sugar and set them on a plate in a checkerboard fashion. Use your imagination!
NotesMade this in the pastry chef class I am taking. Amazing!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More