- Cooking Time: -
- Servings: covers 1 2-tier 9"cake
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 C cocoa powder (NOT dutch process)
- 2 C confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 C milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbls raspberry preserves
- Melt butter, stir in cocoa.
- Add confectioners' sugar and milk alternately. I find it better to mix by hand with a whisk, but beat on low if you prefer power tools.
- Add preserves and vanilla, mix until well incorporated. Add more milk if needed.
NotesHershey's cocoa has recipes on the box for cake, hot cocoa, and frosting. While I enjoy the hot cocoa and the cake is awesome, I wasn't crazy about the frosting. The sweetness overpowered the chocolate, there was no subtlety. So, I made a couple of changes. I cut out 1/3 of the sugar called for, giving it a darker, more chocolatey flavour; I also added raspberry preserves-- just a little-- which gives a nice subtle flavour.
A more 'adult' version of the frosting, in my opinion.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More