- Cooking Time: -
- Servings: covers 1 2-tier 9"cake
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryHershey's cocoa has recipes on the box for cake, hot cocoa, and frosting. While I enjoy the hot cocoa and the cake is awesome, I wasn't crazy about the frosting. The sweetness overpowered the chocolate, there was no subtlety. So, I made a couple of changes. I cut out 1/3 of the sugar called for, giving it a darker, more chocolatey flavour; I also added raspberry preserves-- just a little-- which gives a nice subtle flavour.
A more 'adult' version of the frosting, in my opinion.
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 C cocoa powder (NOT dutch process)
- 2 C confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 C milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbls raspberry preserves
- Melt butter, stir in cocoa.
- Add confectioners' sugar and milk alternately. I find it better to mix by hand with a whisk, but beat on low if you prefer power tools.
- Add preserves and vanilla, mix until well incorporated. Add more milk if needed.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More