- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 80g dark chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- Preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees C. Lightly butter 4 x 1 cup remekins sprinkle inside of each with extra sugar shaking out excess. arrange on a baking paper.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan on medium. Blend in flour and cocoa. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Blend in milk until smooth. Return to heat cook, stirring for 1 minute, until mixture boils and thickens. Reduce heat. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining sugar until dissolved. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Blend in chocolate, egg yolks and essence.
- In small, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg - white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate mixture. Pour evenly into prepared dishes.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until puffed and firm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More