- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 80g dark chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- Preheat oven to moderate 180 degrees C. Lightly butter 4 x 1 cup remekins sprinkle inside of each with extra sugar shaking out excess. arrange on a baking paper.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan on medium. Blend in flour and cocoa. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Blend in milk until smooth. Return to heat cook, stirring for 1 minute, until mixture boils and thickens. Reduce heat. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining sugar until dissolved. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Blend in chocolate, egg yolks and essence.
- In small, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg - white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate mixture. Pour evenly into prepared dishes.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until puffed and firm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Secret of the Wings CookbookSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More