- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz Spanish chorizo (cured spiced pork sausage), cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 lb yellow-fleshed potatoes such as Yukon Gold (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 9 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 5 oz Manchego or white Cheddar, coarsely grated (2 cups)
- PreparationPut oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a 13- by 9-inch baking pan or dish.
- Finely chop white and green parts of scallions and reserve separately.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook onions, garlic, white parts of scallions, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to brown and release oil, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to moderate, then stir in potatoes and cover skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, cheese, scallion greens, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl, then pour into baking pan.
- Sprinkle potato mixture over eggs (some potatoes will stick out).
- Bake until custard is set, about 20 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack to warm or room temperature.
- Trim 1/2 inch off each side, then cut tortilla into 1 1/2- by 1-inch rectangles.
- Cooks' note: Tortilla can be baked 1 day ahead and cooled completely, uncovered, then chilled, covered.
- Cut into squares, then bring to room temperature before serving or reheat to warm in a preheated 325°F oven
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More