- Cooking Time:
- Servings: makes about 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons powdered gelatine
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- pink food colouring
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut, toasted
- grease a 3cm deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides. place sugar and 3/4 cup cold water in a heavy based saucepan over low heat. cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- meanwhile, place boiling water in a heatproof jug. sprinkle over gelatine. stir with a fork to dissolve gelatine. add to sugar mixture. cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until combined. set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- using an electric mixer, beat gelatine mixture on medium speed for 5 minutes. beat on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thick. add vanilla. tint pink with food colouring. beat until just combined. spoon into prepared pan. level top with a spatula. set aside for 45 minutes to set.
- using a warm knife, cut into 3cm squares. toss each square in coconut to coat. serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More