- Cooking Time:
- Servings: makes about 50 pieces
- Preparation Time:
- 6 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 3 1/3 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 eggwhite
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- yellow and red food colouring
- sift icing sugar into a bowl. add coconut and stir well to combine. combine egg white, vanilla and 2 tbs water then add to coconut mixture with condensed milk. using a spoon, stir to combine, then using your hands, rub wet ingredients into dry ingredient until mixture comes together.
- grease a shallow 20cm square cake tin then line base and sides with baking paper. divide mixture in 1/2. press 1/2 over base of prepared tin. smooth top.
- add 4 -5 drops yellow colouring and 3 - 4 drops of red colouring to remaining mixture, to obtain a pale orange colour. knead with your hands to distribute colour. press orange mixture over white in tin. smooth top. refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours or until firm
- turn coconut ice out and cut into 3cm squares. store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More