- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butterscotch extract
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Confectioner's sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 F and butter and flour a 7 or 9 inch bundt pan.
- Make streusel: combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Set aside.
- In a the bowl of a mixer, cream butter then add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs slowly, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and butterscotch extracts.
- In a separate bowl. combine yogurt and baking soda. In a third bowl. sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat flour mixture into butter-egg mixture alternating with yogurt, starting and ending with dry ingredients. Spoon one third of batter into bundt pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of streusel over batter. Cover with another 1/3 of batter and sprinkle another 1/3 of streusel over that. Cover with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 40 or 50 minutes in preheated oven or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan. Turn out onto a serving platter and sift confectioner's sugar over the top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
50 Shades of Taste
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More