- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butterscotch extract
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Confectioner's sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 F and butter and flour a 7 or 9 inch bundt pan.
- Make streusel: combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Set aside.
- In a the bowl of a mixer, cream butter then add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs slowly, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and butterscotch extracts.
- In a separate bowl. combine yogurt and baking soda. In a third bowl. sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat flour mixture into butter-egg mixture alternating with yogurt, starting and ending with dry ingredients. Spoon one third of batter into bundt pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of streusel over batter. Cover with another 1/3 of batter and sprinkle another 1/3 of streusel over that. Cover with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 40 or 50 minutes in preheated oven or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan. Turn out onto a serving platter and sift confectioner's sugar over the top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More