- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Australian lamb racks, frenched
- 1 cup pure cranberry or pomegranate juice
- 1 cup white or red wine
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ALMOND WILD RICE
- 4 ounces pure wild rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- juice and grated zest of 1/2 orange
- TO SERVE
- steamed green beans
- Place racks of lamb in large, deep dish.
- Add juice, wine, cranberries, and rosemary.
- Cover and marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade, pat dry and season to taste.
- Place marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a thin glaze.
- Discard rosemary.
- Keep glaze warm.
- For the rice, place rice in pan of cold, salted water, and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, cover and allow to steam for 20 minutes (rice will swell and curl).
- Return to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Keep warm.
- Just before serving, toss through the almonds, oregano, orange juice and zest.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat oil in large pan and sear lamb on all sides to brown, place in oven and cook 8-10 minutes for medium rare or until cooked as desired.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing into individual chops.
- Toss rice through almonds, oregano, juice, and zest.
- Spoon sauce over lamb and serve with rice and steamed green beans.
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More