- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Australian lamb racks, frenched
- 1 cup pure cranberry or pomegranate juice
- 1 cup white or red wine
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ALMOND WILD RICE
- 4 ounces pure wild rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- juice and grated zest of 1/2 orange
- TO SERVE
- steamed green beans
- Place racks of lamb in large, deep dish.
- Add juice, wine, cranberries, and rosemary.
- Cover and marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade, pat dry and season to taste.
- Place marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a thin glaze.
- Discard rosemary.
- Keep glaze warm.
- For the rice, place rice in pan of cold, salted water, and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, cover and allow to steam for 20 minutes (rice will swell and curl).
- Return to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Keep warm.
- Just before serving, toss through the almonds, oregano, orange juice and zest.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat oil in large pan and sear lamb on all sides to brown, place in oven and cook 8-10 minutes for medium rare or until cooked as desired.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing into individual chops.
- Toss rice through almonds, oregano, juice, and zest.
- Spoon sauce over lamb and serve with rice and steamed green beans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More