- Cooking Time: 50-55 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- nonstick baking spray
- 1 1/2 cups white flour and 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup refrigerated orange juice
- 2 tbl. unsalted butter,melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 bag whole fresh cranberries(1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts
- 1. preheat oven to 350. spray 9x5 inch loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl,with a fork mix flours, brown sugar,baking powder,cinnamon,baking soda and cloves,break up any lumps and stir until well mixed.
- 2. in a large bowl lightly wisk egg.wisk in orange juice,butter and vanilla extract.add flour mixture stir until just blended.fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- 3. pour batter into prepared pan.bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.cool loaf in a pan on a wire rack 15 minutes.than invert onto rack to cool completely.
Notesthis is one of my favorite recipies.One of the first i learned to make as a little girl..one time i was having the hardest time learning to add fractions.my grandmother simply pulled out this recipie and asked me to help her double it.not only did i finaly figure out how to add fractions but i had a wonderful loaf of bread to bring home with me.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More