- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- Butter, for ramekins
- Coarse salt
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup roasted artichokes
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- Ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter four 8-ounce ramekins (or a 9-inch pie dish) and set aside. Heat a large saucepan and add 1 tablespoon butter; add broccoli, peppers and artichokes; cook 1 - 2 minutes until softened. Transfer to a cutting board, and blot dry with paper towels. Chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in broccoli, roasted peppers and artichokes and cheese.
- Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Ladle vegetable-cheese mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Bake until golden brown and puffed up, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with a mixed-green salad, if desired.
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More