- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 pkg of stewing beef
- 1 tbsp or few sprigs of fresh thyme
- ½ cup or handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp oil of your choice
- ½ chopped cooking onion
- 1 or more diced potato of your choice (1 potato per person)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp creamed coconut
- 1 can of rinsed chick peas or beans of your choice (optional)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- sea salt to taste
- black cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Montréal steak seasoning
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp teriyaki
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoising sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup/1 diced plum tomato
- 1 tbsp worcheshire sauce
- 1 tsp pepper sauce (or to taste)
Chop beef into bit size pieces.
In med sized bowl add marinade, garlic powder, paprika, Italian and Montréal steak seasoning
Let stand (overnight if preferred).
In a large skillet (eco friendly non stick) heat oil, onion, fresh garlic and ginger on med heat until translucent
Add curry, cumin, salt & pepper and stir until all powder is moist
Add enough water to cover bottom of the pan
Bring to boil at med-high heat
Add beef stir until meat is covered with curry mixture and partially cooked through.
Add potatoes (this is also where you would add the diced tomato and beans/peas if preferred) coconut, thyme, bay leaves and enough water to cover meat and potatoes bring to boil on med - high heat.
Turn to med heat cover and let simmer for 20-30 mins or until curry is at the consistency you prefer.
Add parsley in the last 5 mins of cooking time and as garnish
Serve with salad/coleslaw, rice or side of your choice