- Cooking Time: 20 MIN
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time: 30 MIN
- 5 cups flour
- 5 tspns bakewell cream
- 21/2 tspns baking soda
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tblspn sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2cups milk
- cookie sheet lined with REYNOLDS PARCHMENT PAPER.
- IN A LARGE MIXING BOWL ADD ALL DRY INGREDIENTS.
- CUT IN SHORTENING WITH PASTRY BLENDER UNTIL IT FORMS PEA SIZE BALLS.
- MAKE A WELL IN THE MIDDLE AND ADD ALL THE MILK AT ONCE.
- MIX UNTIL BLENDED.
- TURN OUT ON FLOURED SURFACE, NEED 2 OR 3 TIMES,NOT TO MUCH OR BISCUITS WILL BE TUFF.
- ROLL OUT DOUGH TO ABOUT 1 TO 1 1/2 INCH THICH.
- CUT WITH BISCUIT CUTTER OR FLOURED GLASS. (I'VE EVEN USED FESTIVE COOKIE CUTTERS AT THE HOLIDAY'S)
- PLACE BISCUITS ON REYNOLDS PARCHMANT PAPER LIND COOKIE SHEET SO THE ARE TOUCHING. BAKE @ 400 DEGREES FOR 20 MINUTES OR NICE GOLDEN BROWN.
NotesI used to be a cook at some local restaurants. biscuits were a favorite request. Over the years i perfected my recipe to my families delight. I make these for all family holiday's and get togethers, i hope you enjoy them too.