- Cooking Time: 35mins
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is Delilah Winder's mac and cheese as featured on Oprah and throw down with Bobby Flay in which she came a very close second.
- * 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- * 12 eggs
- * 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- * 1/2 lb butter (2 sticks, melted)
- * 6 cups half-and-half
- * 4 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- * 2 cups of extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- * 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- * 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- * 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- * 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- * 1 cup grated muenster cheese
- * 1/8 teaspoon salt
- * 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Bring a large sauce pan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until al dente (about 10 minutes); drain and set aside to keep warm.
- 3. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Combine the Velveeta, butter, and 2 cups of the half and half in a large bowl. Add the warm macaroni and toss until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half and half, 3 cups of the yellow cheddar, the remaining grated cheeses and the salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined.
- 4. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch casserole or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of yellow cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.