- Cooking Time: 35mins
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- * 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- * 12 eggs
- * 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- * 1/2 lb butter (2 sticks, melted)
- * 6 cups half-and-half
- * 4 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- * 2 cups of extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- * 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- * 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- * 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- * 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- * 1 cup grated muenster cheese
- * 1/8 teaspoon salt
- * 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. Bring a large sauce pan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until al dente (about 10 minutes); drain and set aside to keep warm.
- 3. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Combine the Velveeta, butter, and 2 cups of the half and half in a large bowl. Add the warm macaroni and toss until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining half and half, 3 cups of the yellow cheddar, the remaining grated cheeses and the salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined.
- 4. Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch casserole or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of yellow cheddar cheese and bake until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.
NotesThis is Delilah Winder's mac and cheese as featured on Oprah and throw down with Bobby Flay in which she came a very close second.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
A Falcon Feast
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More