- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6+
- Preparation Time:
Backstoryi love this dish. it's perfect for a potluck or picnic or just a yummy side dish. it is full of some of my favorite things and it is nice and filling without being overwhelming. this is also delicious with a bit of fresh avocado on top!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup of salsa (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (probably more if you love cilantro as much as i do)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
- Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes,
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through. Mix in the black beans, salsa, and cilantro.
Berks Catholic PTO Fall 2015 Recipe Auction
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Chips Galore Cookies
Betty Crocker Spinach-Cheese BallsSee More