- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slim, elongated eggplants, about 700 gr.
- 150 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 450 gr. onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 450 gr. tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut the stalks off the eggplants and rinse them. Using a sharp knife, slit them lengthwise on one side only, making sure you do not slit all the way through.
- They should open like a wallet, so you can put the stuffing in the opening.
- Shallow-fry them gently all around in 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- If not enough you can add some more oil in the frying pan.
- Take out and arrange side by side in a small oven dish and season them.
- Put the rest of the olive oil in a saucepan and sautee the onions and garlic in it until they are slightly golden.
- Add fresh tomatoes and half a cupful of water.
- Season. Add the oregano and sugar and cook gently, covered, for 15 minutes.
- With a spoon, fill the eggplants with this stuffing, opening them slightly.They should be quite soft by now.
- Virtually pile the stuffing in them, filling them generously.
- Normally they generate enough juices on their own so no addition of liquid is necessary in the oven dish.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven, gas no. 4 (350 grades F/180 grades C), for 4O minutes; baste them once during cooking
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Taste of CenturyLink
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More