- Cooking Time: 27
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 sticks (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips For the glaze:
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Aluminium foil-lined baking pan about 13x9x2 inches
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Melt the butter over a gentle heat in a medium-sized saucepan.
- When it's melted, add the sugar, stirring with a wooden spoon (still over a low heat) to help it blend with the melted butter.
- Whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and pinch of salt, and then stir into the pan; when mixed (this will be a very dry mixture, and not wholly blended at this stage), remove from the heat.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with the vanilla extract and then mix the brownie mixture in the pan.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and quickly pour and scrape into a foil-lined baking tin or disposable foil pan, spreading the mixture with a spatula, and cook in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. It will look set on top, but when you feel the surface, you will sense it is still wobbly underneath and a cake tester will come out gooey. thats what you want
- Transfer the pan to a rack to cool slightly before cutting Thes are amazing when warm But then again, I love them cold, too. Actually, when cold they are properly speaking more brownie-like:gooily tender within and morishly chew n top.
- -Make the glaze: Place chocolate, butter, and vanilla in a bowl.
- -Bring remaining ingredients to a boil, stirring, and pour over chocolate mixture.
- -Whisk until smooth.
- -drizzle warm glaze over cooled brownies
Notesi have always been creative and i have always had a major sweet tooth that i have never been eble to satisfy and this brownie came bout when i needed something sweet but with also a little kick to keep me energized
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Short & SweetSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More