- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: varied
- Preparation Time: 45
- 7 cups thinly sliced pickling cucumbers
- 3 yellow onions thinly sliced
- 2 c sugar
- 1 c white vinegar
- 1/2 t celery salt
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper
- 1T salt
- combine cucumber and onions and put into freezer containers, making sure to leave room at top for expansion
- mix together brining mixture and pour over cucumber mix.
- Let stand for 24 hours, then put in freezer and use as needed.
NotesThis is an old family recipe - I have only made it a couple of times, but they are so yummy it was totally worth it and taught me the wisdom of the mandoline and USING THE GUARD! Oh, and as usual, it originally had other stuff in it - bell peppers, which I don't eat, so I took them out - add back in if you want.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Get Cookin'See More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More