- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pints very ripe mission figs (about 20 figs)
- 1/8 cup filtered water
- juice of one half fresh lemon
- 1/8 tsp. sucanat or brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. maple syrup (i used blis maple syrup infused with tahitian vanilla bean, an artisanal syrup you can order from here)
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process until a thick purée is formed. add more water if a thinner texture is desired. serving idea: after dinner, offer with crusty bread or crispy flatbread, bleu cheese, honey and walnuts.
- sweeteners may be omitted.
- makes about 1-1/2 cups.
- photo credit: california fig advisory board.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More