- Cooking Time: 40 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- * 5 cups fresh corn or frozen corn
- * 6 slices bacon (I prefer sliced jowl)
- * 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- * 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- * 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- * salt and pepper
1. Fry bacon until crisp; drain well, leaving about three tablespoons of the fat in the skillet.
2. Add the corn, green pepper and cornstarch to the fat.
3. Sauté everything together for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Add the creamed corn to the other vegetables and crumble the cooked bacon over the top.
5. Continue cooking for an additional ten minutes.
6. Serve while hot.