- Cooking Time: 40 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- * 5 cups fresh corn or frozen corn
- * 6 slices bacon (I prefer sliced jowl)
- * 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- * 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- * 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- * salt and pepper
- 1. Fry bacon until crisp; drain well, leaving about three tablespoons of the fat in the skillet.
- 2. Add the corn, green pepper and cornstarch to the fat.
- 3. Sauté everything together for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 4. Add the creamed corn to the other vegetables and crumble the cooked bacon over the top.
- 5. Continue cooking for an additional ten minutes.
- 6. Serve while hot.
NotesThis is a dish that was served in a restaurant that I helped run. I scaled it down a bit. Try it for breakfast, lunch or dinner...yum yum.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More