- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 30-45 mins
BackstoryMy whole life I have looked forward to Christmas with my Grandma and not for the presents but for unbelievable lemon "stuff". I can remember lean years when we could barely muster 2 gifts a piece but it did'nt matter cause Grandma was gonna be there with her orange tupperware pan with that heavenly lemon stuff in it mmmmmmmmm. Well Grandma fought with cancer and we were just hopeing for Thanksgiving. I sat down with her just before Thanksgiving and she apologized she didn't have any possessions of value to give me. I told her I didn't care after 31 years of eating lemon stuff the only thing I wanted was her secret recipe. Unfortunately Grandma passed Dec 2nd both my aunt and my mom have attempted this recipe with minimal success.
I made my first attempt last weeks and I DID IT!!!! so I wanted to pass this recipe on and put it here for my safe keeping. Good luck with it and enjoy every squeshy bite!!
- 1 (12 oz)can evaporated milk
- 1&1/2 cops graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- CHILL ALL INGREDIENTS (except gelatin and boiling water)
- place large metal bowl and beaters in refrigerator for at least 2 hrs
- (set aside 1 tbsp of crumbs for top)
- In small bowl combine crumbs and butter
- Press crumb mix into the bottom of a glass or plastic 13"x9" pan (chill)
- In a small bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Mix in lemon juice (chill)
- In another bowl beat cream cheese,sugar and vanilla until smooth.Add gelatin mix and stir well.(chill)
- Take large mixing bowl beaters and evaporated milk from fridge and beat milk until forms soft peaks.
- Fold in cream cheese mixture.
- Pour onto crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Refrigirate at least 2 hours covered.