GREAT GRANNY'S YUMMY PUMPKIN ROLL
great granny's yummy pumpkin roll
- Cooking Time: 10-15 mins.
- Servings: about 15
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes+5 for filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2/3 c pumpkin (add more or less to desired pumpkin taste)
- 3/4 c flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- (healthy option: use unbleached all purpose flour and 1/2 c splenda brown sugar)
- Filling:8 oz cream cheese (healthy option use neufatchel cheese)
- 1c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- Other option: nuts ( I don't prefer them in this recipe,but some people do)
add brown sugar slowly.
Beat until thick, fold in pumpkin..
add remaining ingredients.
Line 10x15 cookie sheet with side edges with parchment paper.
Pour mixture in prepared pan.
Bake @ 350 for 10-15 min.
Turn out on aluminum foil (or keep it on the parchment paper)
Options: dust with powdered sugar.
Roll like jelly roll starting with wide end.
Let cool (in refrigerator)
Beat filling ingredients,
when cool unroll and spread filling,
re-roll and slice into 1/2" slices Keep refrigerated.
This recipe is easy to make and a crowd pleaser. It is easy to double or triple the batch and it takes no time at all to make. Food helps connect families and this is a good holiday recipe to start with!