- Cooking Time: 10-15 mins.
- Servings: about 15
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes+5 for filling
BackstoryThis recipe came from my great grandma who gave it to my gradma and then to my mom and now I use it. People always ask for the recipe when I make it and I only give it out because it is that good! I remember baking with my grandma and my mom when I was younger and I am not fortunate enough to have any kids so when my nieces and nephews come over thats the first thing they ask.. "what are we baking today?"
This recipe is easy to make and a crowd pleaser. It is easy to double or triple the batch and it takes no time at all to make. Food helps connect families and this is a good holiday recipe to start with!
- 3 eggs
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2/3 c pumpkin (add more or less to desired pumpkin taste)
- 3/4 c flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- (healthy option: use unbleached all purpose flour and 1/2 c splenda brown sugar)
- Filling:8 oz cream cheese (healthy option use neufatchel cheese)
- 1c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- Other option: nuts ( I don't prefer them in this recipe,but some people do)
- Beat eggs
- add brown sugar slowly.
- Beat until thick, fold in pumpkin..
- add remaining ingredients.
- Line 10x15 cookie sheet with side edges with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake @ 350 for 10-15 min.
- Turn out on aluminum foil (or keep it on the parchment paper)
- Options: dust with powdered sugar.
- Roll like jelly roll starting with wide end.
- Let cool (in refrigerator)
- Beat filling ingredients,
- when cool unroll and spread filling,
- re-roll and slice into 1/2" slices Keep refrigerated.