- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 10-12 @ 2 skewers each
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- in addition to ingredients below you'll need:
- wooden skewers (long ones are elegant looking but a little hard to handle)
- grill or broiler
- brush for oil (if you're using grill spray you won't need it)
- blender (a food processor works fine too)
- makes about 25 skewers
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- evoo or olive oil grill spray
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (light is fine)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (ditto)
- 1/2 zucchini, cut into medium (1") chunks
- 1 cup fresh spinach (well rinsed for grit and patted or spun dry)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tsp fresh dill, snipped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice with more on hand to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- fresh basil (to taste, add one or two at a time as you're blending)
- salt & white pepper to taste
- -soak the skewers in cold water for at least 2 hours to keep them from charring on the grill.
- -preheat grill (or broiler) to medium-high. while you're waiting, thread two shrimps onto each skewer. they look best when they're all facing the same way (tail up/tail down)
- -place the skewers aside on a towel-lined plate, give them a quick pat so they're dry.
- -in the blender, combine mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, scallion, and herbs and pulse to combine. add the zucchini, pulse until smooth. add spinach, pulse until smooth. season to taste with salt and pepper, add more lemon juice if necessary. if the dressing seems too thin add a little more mayo at a time until you have a nice thick (but pour-able) consistency.
- -if you're using the olive oil (it's better, but the spray is fine), brush the shrimp lightly on each side. if using spray, lightly spray to coat the shrimp.
- place skewers on grill (or under broiler) for about 2-3 minutes or until pink. flip the skewers and grill for another 2 minutes or so, just until cooked through. arrange on plate or platter.
- -drizzle with the dressing, present some extra dressing on the side in a bowl or gravy boat. garnish with a little snipped fresh herbs and thinly sliced lemon.
Notesmost people love shrimp in pretty much any form, and grilled shrimp is a great base for any number of sauces. i came up with the dressing last summer; it's a green goddess-like dressing and is creamy and absolutely delicious on shrimp, salads, fresh or steamed vegetables, well on pretty much everything. this dish can be served warm, room-temp, or cold. enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More