- Cooking Time: 3-10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 c. shortening (softened)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c. + 6 Tbsp. sifted flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. cinnamon-sugar
- mix together shortening, sugar, and egg.
- sift & stir in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- chill the dough in the refrigerator.
- preheat the oven to 400.
- roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts.
- roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- place the cookies 2" apart on baking sheet, bake til a little darkened but still soft, 3-10 minutes.
- cookies puff up at first then flatten out with crinkled tops.
Notesmy mom has this recipe scrawled out in kid handwriting on a notecard from the girl she babysat when she was in high school.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More