- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rose water (can use vanilla extract instead)
- 8 large firm-ripe plums, halved and pitted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt the honey and butter with the lemon juice over moderately low heat. Stir in the rose water (or vanilla extract). Scrape the honey syrup into a medium bowl, add the halved plums and toss to coat thoroughly. Arrange the plums, cut side down, in a large baking dish and spoon half of the honey syrup evenly over them.
- Roast the plums for 10 minutes, or until barely tender and beginning to brown on the bottom. Turn the plums and spoon the remaining honey syrup over them. Roast the plums for 10 minutes longer, or until tender but not falling apart. Transfer the plums to plates and drizzle with the honey syrup.
Notesi came across this recipe by summer at bread and honey blog (http://bread-and-honey.blogspot.com/) and i made it once and absolutely fell in love with it! this is a simple recipe, but it is definitely one of my new favorites. i also like to whip up a simple sweet whipped cream (1 part heavy cream + 1 part cream cheese + some sugar and vanilla extract to sweeten) to serve with it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More