how to make sushi rice
"how to make sushi rice"Serves 1 kg rice for 15 maki roll | Prep Time 5 minutes, resting and cooling time 1hr 20minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
how to cook proper sushi rice and recipes.
Ingredients You'll Need
INGREDIENTS for sushi rice cooking
sushi rice - 1 kg
water - 850 ml
INGREDIENTS for sushi vinegar
Rice vinegar - 300 ml
Sugar - 200 grams
Salt - 50 grams
Lime - 1 piece
Lemon - 1 piece
Kombu small piece
For 1 kg rice 280 ml of sushi vinegar mixture.
1. Place the rice into a mixing bowl and cover with cold water. Swirl the rice in the water with your hand. Pour off and repeat 3 – 4 times or until the water is clear. Rinse a few more times.
2. After the rice is rinsed, let the rice drain in a colander or strainer for 1 hour.
3. After the rice has strainer put the rice in the rice cooker with the 850ml of water cover and start cook.
4. If you don’t have rice cooker place rice and water in a heavy saucepan over high heat bring just to boil around 7 minutes, reduce heat to low for 16 minutes and simmer covered, turn off heat and let rice rest, covered for 10 minutes additional.
5. While rice is cooking prepare the vinegar mixture. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine rice vinegar, sugar, salt. Heat mixture just until the sugar dissolves (do not let it boil) . remove from heat and add additional cut lemon, lime and kombu, let it cool down with room temperature.
6. When the rice is done cooking, gently spread out the rice over a cookie sheet. Evenly distribute the cooled vinegar mixture over the rice. Gently turn rice over from time to time with wooden spatula or rice paddle so that rice cools evenly.
7. To speed things up. Fan the rice each time you turn it over. When rice has cooled to room temperature, it is ready to use for sushi rolls.
8. Keep in rice warmer to make rice warm. Or placing it in a large bowl and covering with a damp kitchen towel.
Pairs Well With
with fresh fish
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Japanese