- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: varies
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryI have always wanted to make salsa but never had any luck using fresh tomatoes - so I tried using canned, and this was the result
- 3 cans diced tomatoes - drained
- 2 dried chile de arbol
- 4 T roasted garlic
- 1 dried anaheim chile
- salt to taste
- cut off stems of chiles and shake out seeds, then put in small saucepan covered with water
- Simmer about 45 minutes or until chile is fully hydrated.
- Put in blender with diced tomatoes and roasted garlic - pulse to mix
- Be careful not to over blend - you still want the salsa to be kind of chunky.
- If it is too hot, you can add one more can of diced tomatoes - the chiles will always vary in heat so you have to kind of play it by ear