- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: varies
- Preparation Time: 5
- 3 cans diced tomatoes - drained
- 2 dried chile de arbol
- 4 T roasted garlic
- 1 dried anaheim chile
- salt to taste
- cut off stems of chiles and shake out seeds, then put in small saucepan covered with water
- Simmer about 45 minutes or until chile is fully hydrated.
- Put in blender with diced tomatoes and roasted garlic - pulse to mix
- Be careful not to over blend - you still want the salsa to be kind of chunky.
- If it is too hot, you can add one more can of diced tomatoes - the chiles will always vary in heat so you have to kind of play it by ear
NotesI have always wanted to make salsa but never had any luck using fresh tomatoes - so I tried using canned, and this was the result
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More