- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 395g can condensed milk
- 4 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 eggwhites
- pinch cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chilled water
- make pastry place flour, icing sugar and butter in food processor. process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. add egg yolk. process until mixture just starts to come together, adding chilled water if necessary. turn pastry on to a floured surface. shape into a disc. cover with plastic wrap. refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- grease a 23cm (base) round fluted, loose-based tart pan. roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. line base and sides of pan with pastry. trim excess. refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees C/160 degrees C fan forced. place pan on a baking tray. line pastry case with baking paper. half fill with uncooked rice. bake for 15 minutes. remove rice and paper. bake for 8 - 10 minutes of until pastry is cooked and golden. set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- meanwhile, whisk condensed milk, egg yolks together in a bowl. gradually whisk in lime juice. pour milk mixture into pastry case. bake for 10 - 15 minutes of until filling is just set.
- preheat oven to 200 degrees C/180 degrees C fan forced. using an electric mixer, beat 6 eggwhites and cream of tartar until firm peaks form. add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating after each addition until sugar is dissolved. beat for a further minute. spoon eggwhite mixture over filling. using a spoon, make peaks on top. bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. set aside to cool. serve
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Breads and Pastry 101
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More