killer sweet potato bread pudding
* 3/4 cup whole milk
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 cup dried pineapple (optional)
* 1 (16 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and cut into chunks
* French bread cubed n buttered
* 1/2 bag chocolate chips
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup crisco or butter
* 1 handful soynuts or pecans
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 1 quart casserole dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, eggs, baking powder, ginger and vanilla.
mix together a layer of bread dried pineapple and chocolate chips in cassarole dish ...repeat.
pour milk mixture over bread. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir together the crisco or butter, and flour . pour over the bread. Sprinkle soynuts or pecans over the top of the bread pudding.
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until evenly puffed up and crispy browned.
Pairs Well With
my momma loooooves her sweet potatoes, and she looooves my bread pudding.
so i decided to play around a little.
i made this as her surprise b'day cake, and it was a RAVING sucess......