LEMON AND COCONUT BROWNIES
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: makes about 15
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 250g butter
- 430g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 3 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- icing sugar, to dust
preheat oven to 180 degrees C. line a 20 x 30cm (base measurement) slab pan with non-stick baking paper.
melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. remove from heat. stir in sugar. add eggs, one at a time, and stir until mixture is thick and glossy. stir the flour over the egg mixture and stir until well combined. stir in coconut, lemon rind and lemon juice. spread over base of prepared pan.
bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes clean. set aside in the pan to cool completely. cut into pieces. dust into icing sugar.