- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 1 nine inch cake
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbl. fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbl.cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter,softned
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- finely grated lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. pure lemon extract
- 2 tbl. poppy seeds
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbl. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1. preheat oven to 350.butter a nine inch round cake pan and dust with bread crumbs.tap out any excess bread crumbs. In a medium bowl,whisk the all-purpose flour and cake flour with baking powder and salt.In a large bowl,using a hand held electric mixer,beat butte with granulated sugar until fluffy.beat in eggs1 at a time,beating well between additons.At low speed,in two alternating batchesbeat dry ingredents and the milk in.With a rubber spatula fold in lemon zest,lemon extract and poppy seeds.
- 2.Using a rubber spatulascrape batter into prepared pan and bake for thirty minutes.Until cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 3..carefully invert cake onto a wire rack and let cool to room temperature.transper to serving plate.
- 4. In medium bowl,stir confectioners sugar with lemon juice to make a runny glaze.Using a spatula,spread glaze over the cake,letting it run down sides cut into wedges and serve.
Noteslemon lovers rejoice! i have been making this recipie for years.it's so easy and yummy everyone loves it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More