- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 1 nine inch cake
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbl. fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbl.cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter,softned
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- finely grated lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. pure lemon extract
- 2 tbl. poppy seeds
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbl. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1. preheat oven to 350.butter a nine inch round cake pan and dust with bread crumbs.tap out any excess bread crumbs. In a medium bowl,whisk the all-purpose flour and cake flour with baking powder and salt.In a large bowl,using a hand held electric mixer,beat butte with granulated sugar until fluffy.beat in eggs1 at a time,beating well between additons.At low speed,in two alternating batchesbeat dry ingredents and the milk in.With a rubber spatula fold in lemon zest,lemon extract and poppy seeds.
- 2.Using a rubber spatulascrape batter into prepared pan and bake for thirty minutes.Until cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 3..carefully invert cake onto a wire rack and let cool to room temperature.transper to serving plate.
- 4. In medium bowl,stir confectioners sugar with lemon juice to make a runny glaze.Using a spatula,spread glaze over the cake,letting it run down sides cut into wedges and serve.
Noteslemon lovers rejoice! i have been making this recipie for years.it's so easy and yummy everyone loves it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Lau Family Recipes
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More