- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Australian lamb shoulder chops
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1 large green apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8-10 seeded prunes, sliced
- OPTIONAL, TO SERVE: mashed potato or squash
- Trim the chops of external fat and season to taste. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan and sauté the chops on a high heat for 2 minutes each side or until browned.
- Combine the apple juice, stock, maple syrup and lemon juice and add to the pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer over a low heat for 30-40 minutes or until lamb is very tender. Remove lamb from pan, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Boil the remaining juices until thick and syrupy. Return the lamb for a few minutes to heat through and coat well with the sauce. Serve the lamb chops on the mashed potatoes or squash and spoon over the sauce, apples and prunes.