- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Australian lamb shoulder chops
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1 large green apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8-10 seeded prunes, sliced
- OPTIONAL, TO SERVE: mashed potato or squash
- Trim the chops of external fat and season to taste. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan and sauté the chops on a high heat for 2 minutes each side or until browned.
- Combine the apple juice, stock, maple syrup and lemon juice and add to the pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer over a low heat for 30-40 minutes or until lamb is very tender. Remove lamb from pan, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Boil the remaining juices until thick and syrupy. Return the lamb for a few minutes to heat through and coat well with the sauce. Serve the lamb chops on the mashed potatoes or squash and spoon over the sauce, apples and prunes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More