- Cooking Time:
- Servings: makes about 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 500g caster sugar
- 1 tbs liquid glucose powder
- 2 tbs gelatine powder
- 2 eggwhites
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- grease and line a 18cm x 25cm x 4cm lamington pan. dust inside of pan with 2 tablespoon icicng sugar. combine the caster sugar, liquid glucose and 200ml water in a saucepan over low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. bring to the boil and cook over medium heat for about 3 - 5 minutes until a sugar thermometer reaches 120 degrees C.
- place 200ml cold water in a small bowl. sprinkle over the powdered gelatine, then stand for 10 minutes. place the bowl in a saucepan of simmering water and stir until completely clear. stir the gelatine mixture into the sugar syrup.
- beat egg white with electric beaters until stiff peaks form. continue to beat while you gradually add the sugar syrup, then beat for a further 10 minutes until mixture thickens and becomes glossy. fold in the vanilla and pour the mixture into the pan. chill for 1 hour until firm.
- combine the remaining icing sugar and cornflour in a bowl, then spread over a tray. cut marshmallow into about 24 squares and roll each in sugar mixture. stand for 1 hour to dry. store in an airtight container. marshmallow are best eaten within a day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More