- Cooking Time:
- Servings: makes 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg beaten
- combine cornflour, 1/2 cup water, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper in a jug. mix well. heat oil in a large, non stick frying pan over medium heat. add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. increase heat to high. add mince and cook, stirring with wooden spoon, for 4 minutes or until browned. stir in sauce mixture. bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. reduce heat to low. simmer for 5 minutes or until thick. set aside to cool completely. place a baking tray and oven 200 degrees C. grease four 1-cup capacity pie tins. cut two 14cm rounds from each shortcrust pastry sheet. use to line base and side of pie tins. spoon mince mixture into pastry shells. brush pastry edges with cold water. cut two 12cm rounds from each puff sheet. use to cover filling, pressing pastry edges together with a fork to seal. brush tops with egg.
- place pies on hot baking tray. bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. stand in tins for 5 minutes before serving.