- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time: 20
- Unsweetened chocolate, chopped // 4 ounces
- Semisweet chocolate chips // 3 cups
- Unsalted butter, cut into bits // 1 stick (1/2 cup)
- All-purpose flour // 1/2 cup
- Baking powder // 1/2 tsp
- Salt // 1/2 tsp
- Eggs at room temperature // 4 large
- Sugar // 1 1/2 cups
- Instant espresso powder // 1 1/2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract // 2 tsp
- 1. In a metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water melt the unsweetened chocolate, 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips, and the butter, stirring until the mixture is smooth, and remove the bowl from the heat.
- 2. In a small bowl stir together the flour, the baking powder, and the salt.
- 3. In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is thick and pale and beat in the espresso powder and the vanilla. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, fold in the flour mixture, and stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Let the batter stand for 15 minutes.
- 4. Drop the batter by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake the cookies in the middle of a preheated 350° F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are puffed and shiny and cracked on top. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets, transfer them to racks, and let them cool completely.
- 1. Like any other chocolate desserts, these cookies tasted even better the day after as it will get moist over time. Melt in your mouth!
NotesThe ultimate cookies that a chocoholic ever needs. This cookie uses a combination of semisweet and bittersweet chocolate, that's the reason why it is so chocolate-y Cheesy It's also amazing to see the smooth surface forming the cracks. Like any other chocolate desserts, these cookies tasted even better the day after as it will get moist over time. It just melt in your mouth!