- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces mussels, whole (about 16 small mussels)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained, not rinsed
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- a dash of chili seasoning
- Saute the onions with just a drop of oil or non-stick spray. Add jalapeno and garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes, broth and wine until it comes to a soft boil. Season as desired. Stir in beans and drop in frozen mussels. Cook for a few minutes - until mussels are warmed through. Fresh mussels will need slightly different timing.
- Serves 2.
- Per Serving: 192 Calories; 3g Fat; 20g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 32mg Cholesterol; 655mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable.
NotesMussels are fabulous. Not only are they dead easy but they’re practically pure protein. Here in land-locked southern Missouri I’ve used frozen mussels. Don’t let that stop you - these tender little mussels have 15 grams of protein and only about 3 grams of fat per 4 ounce (in shell) serving.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Megan Lust and The Gluten Free Vegan’s Pizza Buns
Asian Beef WrapsSee More