- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium butternup squash, peeled and cut into pieces.
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced.
- 2/3rds cup nuts-I use pecans but walnuts, pine nuts, macadamians or almonds would work as well.
- 2 to 4 cups or more defatted chicken broth depends on how thick you like soup.
- 1 cup regular yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- saute onion in butter or grapeseed oil until translucent.
- In 3 or 4 quart saucepan put squash and chicken broth. Bring to simmer, add nuts and sauted onions. Cover and simmer for at least 25 minutes until squash is cooked.
- Using either your food processor, blender or a hand held immersion blender, reduce to a creamy consistency. Add stock as needed for your own taste. Add yogurt and orange juice. Blend until absorbed into soup base and serve. Generally serves four
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More