- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium butternup squash, peeled and cut into pieces.
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced.
- 2/3rds cup nuts-I use pecans but walnuts, pine nuts, macadamians or almonds would work as well.
- 2 to 4 cups or more defatted chicken broth depends on how thick you like soup.
- 1 cup regular yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- saute onion in butter or grapeseed oil until translucent.
- In 3 or 4 quart saucepan put squash and chicken broth. Bring to simmer, add nuts and sauted onions. Cover and simmer for at least 25 minutes until squash is cooked.
- Using either your food processor, blender or a hand held immersion blender, reduce to a creamy consistency. Add stock as needed for your own taste. Add yogurt and orange juice. Blend until absorbed into soup base and serve. Generally serves four