- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups oats(or mixed flakes of barley, rye, wheat,rice)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon each of hazelnut oil, flaxseed oil
- Mix wet ingredient in a small bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients except nuts in a larger bowl.
- Sprinkle the wet on the dry and stir well.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden but beware of over baking.
- Stir every 10 minutes with a spoon or spatula.
- Stir in hazelnuts after baking and cool until crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.
- This is good over yogurt with maple syrup and fruit.
- You must SAVE this recipe
NotesUsing Marion Cunningham's recipe in The Breakfast Book as a template I made this to both save money and to add some extra omega 3s to my morning yogurt. Satifying, tasty and healthy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
GAES PTO Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More