- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 185g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- finely grated zest of 2 oranges
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to moderately slow, 160 degrees C. Lightly grease a 20cm round cake pan and line the base with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer cream butter, sugar and zest together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until combined. sift flour together in to a bowl. Lightly fold into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely
- ICING: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat sour cream, icing sugar and grated zest together until smooth.
- Spead icing over the top of cold cake.