- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of scotch
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless sirloin cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers cut into strips
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 6 scallions sliced thinly for small rings
- 1 teaspoon of dried hot red pepper flakes ( i dont use)
- 1 lb of penne
- In a bowl wisk together the corn starch, soy sauce, beef broth, scotch, sugar, and sesame oil.
- In a large heavy skillet or a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over high heat and stir fry beef patted dry in 2 batches for 30 seconds or until brown on outside and pink inside.
- Then heat the remaining oil in skillet without beef on a lower heat and add bell peppers for 2 minutes and then transfer them to a bowl with the beef.
- Then fry garlic quickly and stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the skillet.
- Cook sauce stirring until it thickens and then stir in beef, scallions ( red pepper flakes if wanted) and salt to taste.
- Then add in cooked penne, drain well and mix together.
Notesmy grandmother got this from Gourmet 1993 page 150.
my dad makes this to perfection.