- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 cups torn green kale
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp currants
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. Tear kale into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl. Using your hands, gently massage the chopped avocado into the kale until well coated.
- 3. Add carrots, raisins, and sunflower seeds to the kale and avocado. Mix to combine. Drizzle salad with dressing. enjoy.
Notesleafy green vegetables such as spinach and kale are loaded with fiber and lutein, a carotenoid which has been found to reduce LDL cholesterol particles and help prevent heart disease with its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powers. Try these recipes:
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cooking for a Cure
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More