- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
Backstoryleafy green vegetables such as spinach and kale are loaded with fiber and lutein, a carotenoid which has been found to reduce LDL cholesterol particles and help prevent heart disease with its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powers. Try these recipes:
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 cups torn green kale
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp currants
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. Tear kale into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl. Using your hands, gently massage the chopped avocado into the kale until well coated.
- 3. Add carrots, raisins, and sunflower seeds to the kale and avocado. Mix to combine. Drizzle salad with dressing. enjoy.