PHYLLO DOUGH BERRY PIE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 12 oz bag of frozen berries, packed without sugar
- 2 ripe pears, cored and diced unpeeled
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 4 sheets whole wheat phyllo dough
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl combine berries and pears. Add lemon juice, sugar, flour, and half teaspoon of cinnamon. Gently fold to mix.
- 2. Spray deep 10 inch pie pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. Gently lay one sheet of phyllo dough over the pan. Ease in dough and let the edges hang over the pan. Spray the dough with butter again or use a pastry brush and real butter, quickly or dough will dry out and become brittle. Place the second sheet over the first and right angles. Spray new layer. Repeat twice more. Heap fruit into the pan. Gently bring phyllo dough to partially cover the fruit.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and brown sugar. spray or brush butter over the top of the crust. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until filling bubbles and crust is browned about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for ten minutes.